Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Yes...i know...i know..."

“Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own”.
A quote from Alchemist. This is one of my favorite quotes. If you don’t agree with it just try to notice once. Just try noticing how many advices/suggestions you are offered in a single day from different people. You won’t believe how many counselors exist around you. But take a note of yourself as well, because even we don’t let anyone pass without providing an advice, its human nature. We all believe that we all possess the solution to other’s problems, even when we all are so messed up with our own lives. As it is rightly said, “India main muft ki advice bahut milti hai.” People give solutions without realizing what can be the repercussions of their precious advices. So many people, so many advices, resuts in so much confusion.
I have a neighbor. He himself lost his job a few months back, has been looking for a job since then but no results, but he possess all knowledge of what I should be doing. Every now and then he asks me, “What’s going on?” and then provides me a new suggestion, clearly emphasizing that all I am doing is absolutely wrong and he provides me with what are the best alternatives for me.
It is so frustrating at times. I mean can you believe how every new friend of my dad, provides me with a new career option, telling that I am choosing a wrong way. Without having any interaction, I have been told that I should go for law or teaching or take HR or Finance as specialization and bla…bla…bla…
I request all the readers; please realize that we are literally committing a “crime” by effecting the peace of mind of the people whom we provide new advices.
I read somewhere that if you tell someone that you are satisfied with your life, they’ll feel jealous of how can you have something that they couldn’t. Then they’ll try best to make you believe that you are wrong and you are not satisfied. And when even then you won’t be convinced, they’ll kill you and when they see you dying in peace, they will declare you a saint.
I think this must be the reason behind this habit of ours. We are so human, that we are always jealous of the achievements of people around us. And just to compel ourselves, that we know better than others, we keep on providing such solutions.
This is a request to al,l that please avoid this habit because the way it irritates you, it must be irritating others as well. I mean one shouldn’t be negligent when he/she really possesses the solution. But otherwise, “No”.Now I just laugh at people, who tells me that writing is a waste of time for me or that I made a wrong decision when I left that opportunity untouched or marketing is not good for you or bla…bla…bla….the list is long.

1 comment:

  1. Advise from other let you grow and learn the different way differnet people adapt to live there life which always differ. Choosing the one suitable is what judge the capability of individual. People see other life in discrete way and hence the adivse they give might not be suitable but jealousy will be the last thing...unless that person himself is mentally sick. And we are good in recognizing sick people :)

    ReplyDelete