Till last year I used to tell my mom that I wanna do my MBA from Australia. At that time I was told “Australia is no more safe for Indians.” And hence I had to drop my plan of spending two years in a beautiful country, to which the cutest person in this world, Brett Lee belong.
This year also I made a list of some happening cities and colleges, from where I would love to pursue my MBA. When I told my mom about the list, there was a similar reply for the topmost city in the list, “No, Mumbai is not safe for North Indians.” I was taken aback. Now I find it difficult to distinguish between the victims in Australia and Mumbai, both are Indians.
I wonder if every state or every metropolitan city gets into the similar take on so called “outsiders”, our Delhi would be empty soon.
The BJP has linked the Sena’s stance to article 370, which disallows non-Kashmiri Indians from buying immovable property in Kashmir. We all know it very well that how and what controversies Kashmir has been facing since always. And therefore there must be some unavoidable circumstances that would have forced Kashmir to be bounded by Article 370. Instead of getting one more city in the similar binding, putting efforts and finding solutions to what has already been put upon Kashmir would be better.
There is a joke, that:
An American visited India and went back to America
Where he met his Indian friend who asked him
How did u find my Country
The American said it is a great country
With solid ancient history
And immensely rich with natural resources.
The Indian friend then asked.
How did u find Indians??
Indians??
Who Indians??
I didn't find or met a single Indian there in India .
What nonsense??
Who else could u met in India then??
The American said..
In Kashmir , I met a Kashmiri
In Punjab , a Panjabi
In Bihar, Maharastra, Rajasthan, Bengal , Tamil Nadu, Kerala:
Bihari, Marathi, Marwadi, Bengali, Tamil, Malayali
Then I met
A Hindu,
A Muslim,
A Christian,
A Jain,
A Buddhist
And many, many, many more
But not a single Indian did I meet
Ironically this is somewhere the true state of our country. We all have been divided into Marathi, Tamil, Madrasi, Bihari and all. I wonder if it all went the same way, what lingo I would use for myself. My grandfather came from Lahore at the time of partition and got settled in Delhi, married my grandmother who was from Kanpur, my dad was born in Delhi, my mom is from Bihar, I was born in Delhi and I have been living in Ghaziabad i.e. UP since last 15 years. So in short I am slightly confused about which “state” I belong to. Usually I am very keen to knowing that the other person I am meeting is Punjabi, Guajarati, Haryanwi, Bihari or even Marathi, just because I enjoy listening to these languages and learning a few sentences or words and knowing a few things about those cultures. But now, the same question might be called a racial comment as well, you never know.
I respect the feelings of Mr. Raj Thackrey and respect those martyrs (whether Maharashtrian or from other state), who were involved in vanquishing terrorists during the 26/11 attack on Mumbai. I bet, if they were alive, they would have proudly told everyone that they gave their lives for India and not for some particular state.
I don’t understand how and why our government is taking no steps against this unreasonable movement that will soon divide our country into smaller and smaller parts. And in a country where “Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Isai” are treated as bhai-bhai, there will soon be divisions in the name of Bihari, Madrasi, Marathi, Asami and so on.
I guess the new compilation or version of the song “Miley sur mera tumhara” is a great motivation spirit in that direction.
Though I am usually against Congress, I mean I give vote to BJP, I appreciate the move of Mr. Rahul Gandhi in this regard. We need some more young leaders like him.
And I hope I won’t be forced to join some college in Delhi only.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

this is so true....jus look at d condition in Andhra Pradesh now....they want it to separate n make a new state-Telangana....and all those riots that are taking place there is so heart breaking....recently another 19 year old set himself on fire demanding d seperation....and what was d result...he succumbed to his burn injuries....and dis became another political gimmick for the politicians!!they made him a 'martyr'...well these politicians dont actually care for him..its a loss to that guy's family..and that's where it starts and ends. earlier 3 other states were divided...it such a sad state that our country is facing today..if all these divisions had been for some national interest then it could be understood, but all this is happening as just another political game for the gains of certain individuals. If it had been the British who had followed divide and rule earlier its our very own people in their own country now!!!This has to change...the state of different countries in one country has to be changed...few people are now actively involved in eradicating this and we must all as true Indians must welcome these steps and join them to make this situation better..
ReplyDeleteand akki you have been able to bring in just that change...a small yet valuable contribution of yours....is a positive change for sure...kudoos gurl!!!
hey anu thanks a lot darlin......u people are seriously the motivational force that i look for...:)
ReplyDelete